Attorney Paul Matthew Morgan Is ALWAYS Ready To Fight For You
The Paul Morgan Law Office, PLLC, is proud of its reputation as an effective criminal defense law firm for defendants facing serious criminal charges in Houston, Texas.
Whether you were charged with a misdemeanor, were charged with a felony or have a family member who was arrested, or if the federal government is pursuing you, I can help you with the case. You’ll need the right lawyer for your case who will do the footwork needed to weed outlying witnesses and to challenge the evidence on its merits. If you’re ready to take action and get started on your case, call my office immediately at 713-969-5007 or send a discreet message by using the contact form.
Understanding Criminal Cases
When you’re charged with a crime, you’ll need a representative with experience defending people against criminal charges. Without strong legal representation, you can be at the mercy of the legal system, which doesn’t favor the accused. We are experienced in the criminal process and protect your rights, including watching for mishandling of evidence, Miranda Rights and procedures in search and seizure of evidence. We are experienced in defense strategies, including mental illness as a defense and ineffective assistance of counsel as a means to assist in appeals.
The earlier you involve an attorney in the criminal process, the better chance you’ll have of getting ahead of the charges that have been brought against you, building an adequate defense for trial and avoiding a possible conviction.
Criminal Case Process
Being accused of a crime or facing criminal charges can be incredibly daunting. I help people get through this process and fight for their rights and defense every step of the way. I break your representation down into three easy steps:
- Initial case review — I’ll review your case and determine your best legal options for resolution.
- We become a team — When people hire me, we work together as a team to decide how we will proceed with your defense.
- We fight for justice — Whether you’re guilty or innocent, you deserve just treatment.
Serious Allegations Require Serious Representation
No matter what level of criminal charge you’re faced with, it’s not to be taken lightly. The consequences of being convicted of a crime are serious and can impact you for the rest of your life. When you’re charged with a criminal offense, you’ll need competent legal representation on your side if you’re to stand a chance against the state of Texas and/or the federal government.
We represent clients facing the following types of serious offenses:
- Assault cases — Accused of an assaultive offense in Houston? Don’t negotiate with prosecutors on your own.
- Drug offenses — Don’t confess to a drug offense without discussing your case with an experienced defense attorney.
- Sex crimes — Accused of a sex crime? If so, the presumption of innocence goes without the window. Call Paul.
- Post-conviction — Need to discuss having your criminal record sealed by an experienced Houston attorney? Call Paul Morgan.
- Federal defense — Federal cases bring to bear the full resources of the United States. We’re ready to represent you.
- Theft offenses — Theft crimes are serious offenses that will impact your future negatively if adjudged as guilty.
Attorney Paul M. Morgan won’t tell you what you want to hear; he tells you the truth complete with realistic expectations for the outcome of your case. We strive to get you the best possible outcome, and we’ll fight to secure a result that will have minimal-to-nonexistent impact on your life.
When you are charged with a federal crime, the stakes are high and you could face serious punishments that will throw your future life plans off track perpetually.
A conviction can mean large fines, incarceration and, in extreme cases, the death penalty. Attorney Morgan is focused on federal criminal defense as the main practice area and is experienced in helping people get their cases thrown out or their sentences reduced when possible. He is a fierce advocate for your rights and uses his thorough knowledge of the law to fight for you.